United Community & Family Services (UCFS) School Based Health Center at Norwich Public Schools offers the following services:
- Mental Health Assessments
- Substance Abuse Screenings
- Counseling (individual, group, and family)
Why should I enroll my child in the SBHC?
- School Based Health Centers eliminate the barriers to treatment including access to care, scheduling conflicts, transportation limitations.
- Students will receive behavioral health counseling from licensed professionals trained in working with children.
- The counseling will take place in school during the school day.
- UCFS counselors will do their best to work with each students schedule to provide care during non-academic classes when possible.
- Clinicians will also be available for crisis intervention as needed for students enrolled in the SBHC.
Who Can Receive Services?
Any student at Kelly STEAM Magnet Middle School, Stanton Elementary School, and Teacher’s Memorial Global Studies Magnet Middle School can receive services at the School Based Health Center. However, the SBHC is not open to the public.
How Do I Enroll My Child?
Referrals will come from school teachers, counselors, administration as well as families of student. Enrollment is simple. Parents can fill out enrollment form and return it to school with insurance information and permission to treat. Download an enrollment form here.
Forms can also be mailed to:
UCFS c/o Kelly STEAM Magnet Middle School, 25 Mahan Dr. Norwich, CT 06360
UCFS c/o Stanton Elementary School, 386 New London Tpke. Norwich, CT 06360
UCFS c/o Teacher’s Memorial Global Studies Magnet Middle School, 15 Teachers Dr. Norwich, CT 06360
Insurance is billed whenever possible in order to sustain the UCFS School Based Health Center. However, UCFS provides services regardless of a person’s ability to pay, with insurance or without insurance. A sliding fee scale is available to all qualifying patients.
Kelly STEAM Magnet Middle School
Stanton Elementary School
Monday – Friday
Teacher’s Memorial Global Studies Magnet Middle School
Monday, Wednesday and Friday