March 17, 2020
A message regarding COVID-19 from Jennifer Granger, CEO and Dr. Ramindra Walia, CMO
UCFS Healthcare continues to monitor the rapidly changing developments associated with Coronavirus/COVID-19. Our Leadership and the over 400 team members at UCFS Healthcare are committed to ensure the health and well-being of our clients, eldercare residents, employees and their families. We are following the recommendations of the CDC and State and local public health officials in taking extra safety measures to address the challenges associated with COVID-19.
The following information is provided for your convenience, but may be updated as this pandemic progresses:
Hours of operation
- All UCFS outpatient health centers are open normal hours. Please visit our website at ucfs.org for locations and hours of operation.
Entering UCFS Healthcare Locations
- UCFS is screening all patients with appointments with basic questions about travel and symptoms. Symptoms including fever, cough and shortness of breath may appear 2-14 days after exposure.
- Patients aged 65 + and patients aged 50 and over with chronic conditions are being called and rescheduled to minimize exposure for those at highest risk.
- If you have traveled to a country designated High Risk by the CDC in the last 14 days, or if you have had close contact with someone who traveled to an impacted country who is experiencing a fever, cough or shortness of breath please DO NOT enter the building. STOP outside the entrance and call 860-822-2821. A member of our medical team will assist you.
- Effective immediately and until further notice UCFS Healthcare will not accept walk in patients in any discipline. This includes dental, medical, women’s health, behavioral health and access to care.
- No visitors are allowed at Sheltering Arms Residential Care Home.
- Ross Adult Day Center will be closed from March 17-31, 2020.
Enhanced Cleaning Protocols
- Our facilities are cleaned and disinfected daily as a part of our normal course of business. Exam rooms and equipment are always disinfected after every patient. In addition, we increased the frequency of the cleanings of all common areas and bathrooms.
My Chart Patient Portal
- Patients are reminded that they may register for our new patient portal, My Chart. This will help alleviate the high call volume we are experiencing and allow you to request/change appointment request medication refills, view lab results and communicate with your provider.
- In an effort to limit the exposure for our patients, we have modified our waiting rooms to establish social distancing as much as possible.
Community Based Behavioral Health
- Our Community Based staff are following the guidance of the State of CT as it relates to screening of clients and visitation in the home setting.
For the latest information, please visit the CDC website, cdc.gov/coronavirus or
the CT DPH website, ct.gov/coronavirus.
March 24, 2020 Update
March 25, 2020 Update
UCFS Healthcare is now offering Telehealth appointments for primary care and behavioral health from the comfort of your home. Call your local UCFS health center to schedule an appointment. https://www.ucfs.org/locations-and-hours/
March 26, 2020 Update
Effective Thursday, March 26 our Plainfield staff will be temporarily located at our Griswold Health Center at 226 East Main Street, Griswold.
We apologize for the inconvenience. Please feel free to call 860-822-4938 to schedule an appointment with a member of our Plainfield team. We are also now offering Telehealth appointments for medical and behavioral health for your convenience.