Drive-Up Community COVID-19 Testing Sites and Dates
Help stop the spread and get tested. No symptoms or physician order required. Please wear a face mask. To schedule your COVID-19 test for any of of the locations below, please call 860-822-4919.
Wednesday, August 5th
9:00 – 11:00 am – Griswold Senior Center, 22 Soule Street, Griswold
Thursday, August 6th
9:30 – 11:30 am – St. Mary’s Church, 70 Central Avenue, Norwich
Thursday, August 13th
9:30 – 11:30 am – The Arc Eastern CT, 125 Sachem Street, Norwich
Thursday, August 20th
3:00 – 5:00 pm – *Uncas Elementary School, 280 Elizabeth Street Extension Norwich
*This event will also include a drive-up food pantry distribution.
Thursday, August 27th
9:30 – 11:30 am – AHEPA 250-II, 95 Clark Lane, Waterford
Drive-Up Food Pantry, COVID-19 Testing & Mask Distribution
Thursday, July 16th
9:30 – 11:30 am – Preston Senior Center – 42 Long Society Road, Preston
Call 860-822-4919 to schedule your COVID-19 test. No symptoms or physician order required. Face masks must be worn.
DRIVE-THRU COVID-19 TESTING
Daily testing available at two sites:
Griswold Health Center – 226 East Main Street, Griswold
Monday – Friday – 8:30 am – 10:30 am
Call 860-822-4919 to schedule your appointment.
The Edward & Mary Lord Family Health Center – 47 Town Street, Norwich
Monday – Friday – 9:30 am – 11:30 am
Call 860-822-4919 to schedule your appointment.
No symptoms required, no physician order needed and face coverings must be worn.
June 12, 2020 Update
I am reaching out to you with an update on what is happening at UCFS Healthcare during this unprecedented period of time. Hopefully this message finds you and your family safe and healthy.
Throughout this pandemic, UCFS’ focus has been to deliver quality care to our patients and to be a resource to our entire community. Within days we equipped our staff with the technology to work from home so they could provide telehealth services to our 20,000 clients. Our Norwich Health Center continued to provide in-person visits to those who needed to be seen and we are able to test our clients for COVID-19. On May 18, we partnered with the CT Department of Public Health and CT National Guard to perform over 200 tests for community members and patients using a drive-through model. Finally, we have provided thousands of meals to those in need by expanding the reach of our Rosalyn Allen Food Pantry.
Our leadership, infection control experts and facility management have been actively engaged in planning to gradually increase services at all of our locations and reopen those that we had to temporarily close. Plans include physical distancing protocols, sanitization, smart scheduling and check in methods – all designed to provide you with a safe environment and at the same time welcome you back to the UCFS Healthcare to which you’ve become accustomed.
We opened our Plainfield Health Center on Monday, June 8th and will continue the process of safely opening all of our locations. We are in contact with local, state and federal agencies and will follow guidance from each of these organizations. Our goal is that our patients and staff feel safe and confident as we lift restrictions and enter the next phase of the pandemic.
When you arrive for your next appointment you can expect that we will ask you a series of questions and take your temperature to screen you for COVID-19 symptoms. You will be required to wear a mask when entering our buildings. If you don’t have a mask, we will provide one to you. You will notice that we have removed chairs from our waiting rooms and will enforce 6’ social distancing when checking in/out. We prefer that you come alone to your appointment, but if you need assistance that you bring no more than one person with you. Please do your best to arrive at your scheduled appointment time to reduce the need to wait.
We will continue to provide the highest level of care to each of you and look forward to seeing you soon. Please do not hesitate to reach out to a member of our team for further information.
April 6, 2020 Update
For details and up-to-date information from the CDC regarding COVID-19 click here: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/index.html
March 26, 2020 Update
Effective Thursday, March 26 our Plainfield staff will be temporarily located at our Griswold Health Center at 226 East Main Street, Griswold.
We apologize for the inconvenience. Please feel free to call 860-822-4938 to schedule an appointment with a member of our Plainfield team. We are also now offering Telehealth appointments for medical and behavioral health for your convenience.
March 25, 2020 Update
UCFS Healthcare is now offering Telehealth appointments for primary care and behavioral health from the comfort of your home. Call your local UCFS health center to schedule an appointment. https://www.ucfs.org/locations-and-hours/
March 24, 2020 Update
March 17, 2020
A message regarding COVID-19 from Jennifer Granger, CEO and Dr. Ramindra Walia, CMO
UCFS Healthcare continues to monitor the rapidly changing developments associated with Coronavirus/COVID-19. Our Leadership and the over 400 team members at UCFS Healthcare are committed to ensure the health and well-being of our clients, eldercare residents, employees and their families. We are following the recommendations of the CDC and State and local public health officials in taking extra safety measures to address the challenges associated with COVID-19.
The following information is provided for your convenience, but may be updated as this pandemic progresses:
Hours of operation
- All UCFS outpatient health centers are open normal hours. Please visit our website at ucfs.org for locations and hours of operation.
Entering UCFS Healthcare Locations
- UCFS is screening all patients with appointments with basic questions about travel and symptoms. Symptoms including fever, cough and shortness of breath may appear 2-14 days after exposure.
- Patients aged 65 + and patients aged 50 and over with chronic conditions are being called and rescheduled to minimize exposure for those at highest risk.
- If you have traveled to a country designated High Risk by the CDC in the last 14 days, or if you have had close contact with someone who traveled to an impacted country who is experiencing a fever, cough or shortness of breath please DO NOT enter the building. STOP outside the entrance and call 860-822-2821. A member of our medical team will assist you.
- Effective immediately and until further notice UCFS Healthcare will not accept walk in patients in any discipline. This includes dental, medical, women’s health, behavioral health and access to care.
- No visitors are allowed at Sheltering Arms Residential Care Home.
- Ross Adult Day Center will be closed from March 17-31, 2020.
Enhanced Cleaning Protocols
- Our facilities are cleaned and disinfected daily as a part of our normal course of business. Exam rooms and equipment are always disinfected after every patient. In addition, we increased the frequency of the cleanings of all common areas and bathrooms.
My Chart Patient Portal
- Patients are reminded that they may register for our new patient portal, My Chart. This will help alleviate the high call volume we are experiencing and allow you to request/change appointment request medication refills, view lab results and communicate with your provider.
- In an effort to limit the exposure for our patients, we have modified our waiting rooms to establish social distancing as much as possible.
Community Based Behavioral Health
- Our Community Based staff are following the guidance of the State of CT as it relates to screening of clients and visitation in the home setting.
For the latest information, please visit the CDC website, cdc.gov/coronavirus or
the CT DPH website, ct.gov/coronavirus.