WHO WE ARE
- Since 1877, UCFS has strived to meet the needs of the community. Each day we achieve our mission by offering programs and services that improve the health and well-being of the community
- 79% of our clients are publically insured or completely uninsured. As a Federally Qualified Health Center, UCFS offers our services regardless of a patient’s ability to pay.
- UCFS is a major employer in the region, employing 396 people.
- UCFS contributes over $32M directly and indirectly a year to the local economy through purchase of goods, services and more.
- The National Committee for Quality Assurance has recognized our Norwich, Griswold & Plainfield health centers as a Level 3 Patient-Centered Medical Care Home, the highest level of recognition. This means that UCFS has the tools, systems and resources to provide patients with the right care at the right time.
WHAT WE DO
- UCFS provides medical, dental and behavioral health services to everyone regardless of their ability to pay.
- Our 5 School Based Health Centers ensure that students needs are met in the school setting.
- Our Community Based Behavioral Health programs are family focused and child specific to promote positive parenting skills and family stability.
- Our Eldercare Services include Ross Adult Day Center and Sheltering Arms Residential Care.
HOW YOU CAN HELP
A donation will help UCFS maintain the vital programs and services offered to members of our community.
WHY DO WE DO WHAT WE DO?
The community continues to turn to UCFS to help meet their health care needs. During the 2016 calendar year, UCFS was the medical home for our region’s most vulnerable residents; our outpatient services provided 137,387 visits to 18,842 patients. This demonstrates a 32% increase in visit volume since 2013.
Take a Virtual Tour
We hope you will join us in achieving our mission of improving the health and well-being of the community.
For more information, please contact:
Pamela Allen Kinder, MS, MA
Vice President, Business Development
47 Town Street
Norwich, CT 06360